March 12, 2010

Countdown to Thirty: Two Days

Two days to go. Whoo! Went to the SOOS Sr. dress rehearsal last night, and the students (with the attendant adults) did a fantastic job. Can't wait to see it again on Sunday. It was a great way to achieve yesterday's goal: when I see a show I helped develop, it makes me recognize the artistry in collaboration and dramaturgy. I'm going to see Sing and Never Tire, another play I worked on, tomorrow night.

So, on to today's grown-up goal: be okay with walking away. I've been crossing items off of my to-do list at work, and it's seriously satisfying to see all of those "X"es. But there comes a time when one has to erase the completed items and add new ones. When I get to work today, I'll be faced with everything I have to get done by close of business today...or it won't get done for another week! There are a few items I'll be okay with leaving until I get back from vacation. I just have to figure out what they are.

With visions of Disney World (and the great birthday dinner Jake is going to make on Sunday) dancing in my head, it'll be difficult to get anything done today! But I have eight (who am I kidding? Nine) hours to work today, and I will be okay with walking out the door for a week when I leave this afternoon.

No comments: