February 8, 2010

Scenes From a Giant

I had to leave the apartment (oh, thank god!) to go grocery shopping this afternoon. It was my first time leaving the apartment since Friday around noon--except for the time I took the trash out yesterday just so I could get up for thirty seconds. Felt good to get out, albeit cold and wet.

The snow is high enough in areas that have been dug out, rather than plowed:


And downright silly in areas where the plows have created drifts (here on the corner of Colesville Rd. & Second Ave.)


I thought I'd take some pictures, sort of as a follow-up to Just Up the Pike's pre-storm post. The folks at the Giant are doing as good a job as they can re-stocking after the storm, and in preparation for the snow that's supposed to come tomorrow. People in Silver Spring apparently really like mayonnaise...


...soda...

...ketchup...

...chips (and on another shelf, nachos, salsa, and all varieties of jerky)...

...and bananas.
So, you know, don't plan on making any banana-ketchup-and-mayo sandwiches with a side of chips, washed down with soda. Not during the Snowmageddon.

No comments: